There is no time commitment or minimum engagement level required to being an Advocate; you can participate in and engage with the group as much or as little as you like. There are however three asks of each Advocate, irrespective of their level of engagement:
- Be in sync with the mission, values and messaging of Global Tech and Tech Bay Area Advocates.
- When ready, help expand the Tech Bay Area Advocates and Global Tech Advocates network by introducing two new Advocates annually from the Bay Area, North Bay and around the world.
- Adopt the ethos of helping one another for the ‘greater good’ as a means of establishing a strong and vibrant technology sector.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity in dealings with fellow Advocates, the Tech Community and the overall Communities in which we live.
- Support providing a hand up to the growing need of the underserved youth in the Bay Area through Tech for Good practices like volunteerism, active engagement or donations.
Maintain a positive outlook and have fun!